Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Expedition Life Path... by D.C.

My Expedition Life Path


"Learning to become patient is the hardest thing for me to deal with. I feel I'm becoming more aware of my emotions each day. This is the first time I feel like I'm not judging myself. My Expedition Instructors and fellow students are supporting me unconditionally on all levels.


I started building this balsa airplane over 3 weeks ago. I work on it in between expeditions and have spent over 8 hours just sanding it. This seems like an excellent way to practice being patient! I also like learning about airplane construction, flight, and wind patterns. I have another plane to build which is a step up from this one. Stay tuned for more flight information!


I'm getting back into shape by rock climbing, canyoneering, backpacking and hiking. I don't feel distracted and irritable. I'm building confidence by engaging in each day's challenges. Being at ET has allowed me to start to evolve and really create who I want to become. I'm also sober and that is amazing".

No comments:

Post a Comment