Thursday, January 6, 2011

In T.D.'s Own Words.... "At War With Myself"

" Before I came to Expedition Therapy, I was at war with myself. I have come to the realization that this war with about my emotions and not wanting to feel them. I always felt overwhelmed by all of this suppression. After starting how to express emotions here, I have become more significantly happier due to reduced stress and learning how to resolve conflicts rather than avoiding them. I am no longer at war".







"A few thought I want to share about leading an expedition......I had teaching experience in high school by teaching my own physical ed class as well as teach elementary class. My leadership role in Expedition Therapy is similar except I have more responsibilities. Checking group equiptment, having enough water, food, is a valuable practice. Even when I asking  for verbal confirmation if water bottles are full, some students forget whether or not they filled theirs or perhaps they don't want to slow the group down and say "yes" regardless of the actual volume of water in their bottle. 

As the leader of an expedition, I must account for all of these types of unknown variables by bringing everything necessary for essential safety such as extra water and food. Other things, such as tp or our expedition seats that may seem to be an inconvenience and have little to do with safety, can be left unaccounted for. Enough about the technical talk and on to the emotional. I feel an increase in self-confidence knowing I can administrate this kind of expedition. I also feel a renewed sense of internal motivation".

No comments:

Post a Comment